Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Finally Finished: empire dresser before and after



I have been wanting to paint this tall empire dresser I got off of craigslist for a few weeks now. The main reason it kept getting put off was because the knobs would not just come off of the drawers. They had to be drilled out (the dresser is so old the knobs were not just screwed in, but wedged in). Once my dad helped me with that part, I could easily sand the drawers.

Here is what it looked like to start with:


I sanded, primed, sanded, painted (with a light grey) and then gave the whole piece a wax finish. Lastly I added new red hardware onto the drawers and BAM... it was done. I did not encounter any problems, so it went quite smoothly. Of coarse there still 7+ hours of work here (sanding takes a good LONG while)... but compared to some of my other projects, this was a walk in the park! The good thing is I somehow enjoy doing this :)






Linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. Wowser--this is amazing. I am floored with how much natural design talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! empires are some of my favorite- that shape is so pretty! and love the new knobs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Please know that I respond to comments through email (I'm not ignoring anyone if you don't see my response in the comments).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...