I had time to work on projects this weekend. One was custom work, but I also got to redo some chairs. Someone my family knows had furniture in their garage, and they wanted it gone. We went and picked out some things I could makeover, and I got four of these chairs!
Not the greatest pictures. Sorry! I took them late yesterday... in the rain... and with no light. But you get the idea. They are a rustic style. The wood has dents and scrapes to make it look old and worn.
They have a good shape, but needed some paint and new fabric. I sanded down the frame, then painted on two coats of dark grey paint. After the paint dried I have them a nice waxed finish. A couple months ago I got some white and black-ish (the black stripes remind me of dark black denim) fabric for super cheap. With the help of my mom, we reupholstered the cushions, which by the way is very cushy! Luckily we borrowed a heavy duty staple gun, which was a huge help.
As you can see in the before picture, the cushion goes around the front legs. It was hard to find a way to fold the fabric, but we figured it out. I only finished two this weekend, but I plan on doing the other two during the week!