Saturday, October 6, 2012

Nightstand Makeover

I have been way too busy lately. With school starting and all the babysitting I am doing I have not had time to work on finishing all of the projects sitting in the garage. I finally had time today!



I got this nightstand yesterday and had to paint it as soon as I could. I love the curves that it has :) I also got new paint as well, so I was excited to use it. I started by sanding the whole piece down. There was a shiny lacquer on it and I just wanted it to be ruffed up so the paint would stick. I applied 2 coats (3 in the spots that needed it), then once it was dry I lightly distressed it. When I distress I only do it on the edges because I find it looks more natural. I rarely do it anywhere else. Once I was done distressing I applied wax to protect it. I kept the original hardware since the gold that was peaking through made it match the distressing on the nightstand.



I an very happy with the way it turned out! It is a great size and height for beside a bed, but could also work as a end/side table.

Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. It looks like something you'd find at Pottery Barn. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! love the curves and you are on a roll with this pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I redid one of these a while back, they are so cute! Great job, love that blue/ grey color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...