The drawers also had some trouble spots in the finish. There was no way I wanted to paint over that wood, so I tried to revive it! Since it appeared to only be in the top coat, I used 150 grit sandpaper and sanded it out (not down to the finish on the wood) and gave it a coat of polyurethane. That worked and the wood was looking much better!
One of my favorite colors to paint with is navy blue, so it should be no surprise that I used it again on this dresser! I recently did a similar look on this mid century nightstand (paint a portion and leave some natural wood). Click the link to check it out.
Here is the dresser all finished. I can't get over the claw feet. Love, love, love them!
I also changed out the hardware to something more modern, and it brings in the blue of the frame.
Linking up with: